Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Organizing

OK just for Lara and her Talk about Tuesday! She noticed my organizing bags hanging on one of my peg boards and YES I do use them! I'm trying to be original in my uses for them, but I don't think I really have been. Once a month I co-lead a quilting group called Going to Pieces at a LQS (local quilt store for non-quilters). and I like to take my projects along. SO, putting them in an organizing bag is the most awesome way to transport them. Then I work at them when at the LQS and pack them back up and bring them home and hang them on the peg board until I can work on them again. And her new bags have pockets in the front so you can slide in a card that tells you what's in the bag!!! Yea!



Another cool way we use them is. . . . the 2 1/2 year old got a bunch of plastic animals for Christmas and he just LOVES them. To keep them from getting strewn all over the house, l've designated a organizing bag for them. He loves to throw them in the bag and zip it up. He can then drag them all over the house and not be dropping them here and there as he goes. It's totally GREAT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute that he uses the organizing bags. Adorable picture of him too!

Lara said...

Very cute! For some reason kids like putting things in bags. Why is that? I guess it's the same reason I do!

Ter said...

great use of great bags! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute kid!
As for the comment you left on Lazy Organizer´s blog (about not buying stuff you don´t need), you might want to look at this:

http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/2007/06/can-capitalism-.html

http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/do-carbon-emiss.html

Keep up the nice work!