Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm Back!

Just thought I'd post pictures of the finished quilting! I just did daisies and swirls and stuff. I love it when a quilt just calls for an all-over design. I'm not a pantograph gal, although I do look at some to inspire my all-over designs. However, mostly I go with what will complement the fabric. I usually come up with a design inspired by patterns in the fabric. Thus, the Daisy and swirls. I did use variegated thread from Superior Threads. Awesome stuff!!! I even had a bright pink pre-wound Bottomline bobbin from a variety pack I ordered!! Too GREAT!



I hope to post in the future tips and tricks to help you prepare your quilt to be quilted. For Example, the proper way to put on borders (at least according to your Long Arm quilter). It will help keep the borders from being a wavy mess and finish off your quilt. Also, binding, keeping your block square and any other trick I've learned over the years. So keep

checking back!!

Until then, Happy Quilting! Lauri

3 comments:

doni said...

Welcome to blogland! You're off to a great start.

a fellow stashbuster

Lara said...

It's beautiful!! I love the colors too. Hey, I should have you do a quilt for me some time! I have one in my car just waiting to get quilted.

Unknown said...

Hey!! I'm putting your blog in my "favorites" so I can keep up with what's going on in your world. Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season!!