Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We're Home. . .

We really wanted to stay in San Diego, but I don't think it would have gone over well with the family in Utah. Here's the last picture I took in San Diego.
From

We arrived back in Utah just in time to head off to the Jr High for a Parent's meeting Friday afternoon. I had to make the adult decision and skip the quilt show because of family/home stuff to take care of. I picked up the quilts that were entered into the show, and I was disappointed that none of them got ribbons. But I guess that's life. I was a bit apprehensive about seeing what the judges had to say, but they were all positive comments and just one negative. I'm sad I didn't get to see the show and all the quilts that were in the show because they must have been fantastic.
Here's a pic of the quilt as I was trimming it for binding. I'm sad the quilt didn't win a ribbon, but now that I have it back I realize how much I love this quilt and it doesn't matter. I'll take a picture of the quilt all bound and finished for an upcoming blog.
From

5 comments:

Janette said...

Sorry you had to miss the show. I'd have given you a ribbon--the quilt is gorgeous!

Brit said...

Wow! Auntie Lauri that quilt is so beautiful! I would have given you my first place ribbon! I have some questions for you too about finishing up my quilt and what kind of sewing machine to buy so I'll be giving you a call soon! Thanks for all of your help! I think I'm in love with quilting! :)

Mary Johnson said...

Gorgeous quilt -- I'm glad you're not letting the lack of ribbon spoil your enjoyment in the quilt. I've learned that quilts that I absolutely adore are not always the choice of others.

Lara said...

Obviously the judges were idiots or blind. Don't enter anymore quilt shows. You don't need anyone to tell you what we already know. Your quilting is perfection.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love how it was quilted! I can't imagine ever entering a contest. I admire your courage for doing so!