Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ugh!

So I haven't gotten to any quilting this week!!! I said I would sew a costume for an upcoming choir/play thing at our church and should be getting that done, but I don't want to and I know I need to get it done before I quilt anything. Frankly, I've been procrastinating!!! My quilting buddy came over last night so we could sew together, and I forced myself to cut out the costume. At least it was more fun to do with her here than it would have been on my own. Cutting out is always my least favorite thing to do. So at least that part is done and I can get it sewn and out of the way. She told me that she felt guilty sewing on her quilt while I had to work on the costume. She didn't really feel bad, she was just rubbing it in!!

Here's a picture of Niquie's blocks up on the design wall. We took the picture because sometimes it helps to look at a picture to see where some thing isn't working. Even on a design wall if you can't get far enough back it doesn't show up, but it usually will in a picture.
I was reading this interesting article by Jerry Johnson on LDS Living this morning and he ended his article like this. I thought it was WAY cool!

God is the quilter.

The spirit is the thread.

We are the scraps of cloth, joined into a layer of warmth, tradition, beauty and strength.

We form a "whole" much greater than the sum of our parts.

Hope you have a GREAT quilting day. I will be stuck sewing a costume, but hopefully will get back to quilting SOON!

No comments: